The 2015 Edison Awards competition has begun, and I'm excited to share that this year the Applied Technology category will include a Collaborative Disruption subcategory. As I share in my upcoming book, Collective Disruption goes beyond transactional open innovation matchmaking to focus on co-creation and collaboration in developing and commercializing truly transformational innovations.
The Collective Disruption Award will focus on established corporations and entrepreneurial partners co-creating disruptive solutions together. Larger established companies bring market or brand strength and scale and entrepreneurial partners help with agility, lean methods and rapid experimentation. Together, these partners can co-create with a customer focus, incubate with speed, and scale with purpose.
Nominees include the following:
- A breakthrough technology, product or service that is transformative or disruptive in its market and category that is developed through collaboration
- A breakthrough business model that is transformative or disruptive in its market and category and developed through collaboration
- An infrastructure or ecosystem platform provider that enables co-creation and collaboration between established companies and entrepreneurial partners
If your company, or one you know, has an Applied Technology innovation, be sure to nominate them. Any Applied Technology nominations are automatically considered for the Collective Disruption Award, and both partners in the collaboration will receive an award if they win. If your innovation fits into another category, you can still make note of your desire to be considered for the Collective Disruption Award as well. Here is a link to documents that will help you learn about and submit nominations:
- A Nomination Form Template (in both PDF and Word formats) that contain all the criteria, questions and other information needed to prepare a nomination
- A timeline of the Edison Awards
As a supportor of the Edison Awards, I'm also very pleased to offer a 20% discount on the nomination fee. In your submission, simply enter this discount code when prompted: Venture2-2015.